MUTI-TARGET ANTI-METASTATIC DRUG SCREENING SERVICES
- The goal of drug development programs is to design selective ligands that act on single targets of diseases to obtain effective and safe drugs with low side effects. However, there is a decline in the number of drugs introduced into clinical practice over the past decades. One reason may be due to the fact that the pathogenesis of many diseases is rather multi factorial in nature and not due to a single cause.
- Although the pathophysiology of metastasis disease is not fully understood in cancer patients, the knowledge that its pathogenesis involves multiple factors obliges effective therapeutic approaches to shift from a conventional “one target, one drug” to a “multi-target” model.
- Persona Biomed’s scientists have identified molecules and genes associated to pathogenic pathways of metastatic cancers, whose combined expression in tumor biopsies has been correlated with major pathophysiological and anthropometric features of cancer patients.
- Next, prometastatic factors with the ability to induce these metastasis-associated biomarker genes and molecules by cultured cancer and cancer microenvironmental cells have also been identified.
- On this basis, Persona Biomed’s scientists have now developed unique “multitarget” drug screening bioassays enabling the accurate detection of chemical compounds and biologics interfering with the whole expression of metastasis biomarkers by cancer cells and cancer microenvironment-associated normal cells.
- Persona Biomed is now commercializing a growing list of unique in vitro drugscreening functional bioassays for contributing to anti muti-target antimetastatatic therapy through the discovery of drugs with inhibitory action on the whole family of molecules and genes associated to the pathogenic mechanism of most prevalent metastatic cancers.
- All the bioassays are conducted in accordance with worldwide regulatory requirements, and in compliance with good laboratory practice (GLP) regulations, audited by an external Quality Assurance Unit.
- Below is a summary on main features of muti-target anti-metastatic drug screening services.